15.1.11

Gifts + Outfits


On my 21st Birthday, my grandmother gave me her mother's diamond engagement ring.
I nearly died.
It's so so so sweet of her. I love that I have something of my great grandmother's. I never met her but everyone says we would have gotten along so well.
I really hope to one day pass this on to my daughter.


I was also given a new black lather pandora bracelet, and some charms.
The plane and blue charm are from my parents, and the 21st one is from my best friends.
J got me the one that looks like a flower with a blue '1' in the middle because he said I'm his 'number 1'. Awww. Haha.



I bought this skirt from Ally last week. I cut the underneath bit out to make it sheer. I was hesitant at first because I thought the whole sheer look was a bit weird, but I'm loving it now. It feels a whole lot more summery this way.

I'm off to J's housemates birthday BBQ this afternoon. Apparently everyone has to do a beer bong on entry... so my bestie and I are going to attempt to sneak in. Hahaha.
After last weekend I'm off alcohol until Vegas baby!

Hope everyones having amazing weekends xxx


7 comments:

  1. That ring is breathtaking... I love it. My mum's engagement ring was stolen shortly after she died. It was in a draw waiting to get repaired. It was the most special thing I had inherited from her and it was gone. It still makes me sad. Keep your ring safe lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st hun! That ring is so gorgeous, and I love that its a family heirloom. Like Mez, I had a sapphire ring belonging to my late grandmother stolen from my house, and I still feel sad thinking about it. Such things are irreplaceable in terms of emotional value.
    I adore the skirt too, thinking I might have to try and find myself one and do the same! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mez and Cate! That is so so so sad to hear :( I really hope karma gets people who steal things. They obviously dont think about what it would feel like if it happened to them. Sentimental items are completely irreplaceable. Makes you wonder how on earth the people in the floods are coping when they've lost everything! Gosh.

    I am only ever going to wear it on special occasions and its going to stay in its box the rest of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that necklace you are wearing with your outfit!

    Just to let you know, I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award - see here: http://flyinfoff.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I totally nominated you for the same award LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont even think i can nominate 15 people cuz they've all been nominated! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x