30.10.11

GIRL'S NIGHT IN

On Friday night a last minute decision was made for me to go to Girl's Night In with my Mum and her friends, as one of their friends couldn't make it. I was freaking out a bit at work all day trying to figure out what to wear. The theme was 'Mad Hatters Tea Party' with a touch of pink.


Got the JC's out for a spin :) (so comfy to dance in too! for a couple of hours anyway! haha)

cupcakes on everyones tables

The table setting/decorations

The room. So pretty!

Pole dancing display

Dessert platter :) Deeeelish

Jelly shots... I've never seen 40/50 yr old women go so mental over jelly shots! It was cray cray!

Mum and her pals with their lucky door prize tickets on their heads (which I won, as well! 2x bottles of wine and a big box of favourites! I never win anything and was staring in shock at my ticket when they announced it)

Mum and her jelly shot eyes.

It was such a fun night, honestly my Mum's friends party harder than some people I know! (Our table was scarily the worst behaved haha). The food was amazing, it was an amazing atmosphere and the girls who organised it did a great job.

I wore this outfit:
minus the blazer and with a giant fascinator (which was renamed an 'astonisher' by one of Mum's friends. Hahahaha)

Back to work tomorrow. Blahhhhhh. How does everyone get over the whole depressing 5 days on, 2 days off thing? I'm honestly struggling to deal with it. It makes me pretty upset sometimes that the world is the way it is. I know theres nothing I can do and I shouldnt think about it all too hard but it bothers me... :\ I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way? Haha I am known for thinking about things wayyyyyy too much though.

xxx

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a great night! I hope they raised lots of $$ !

    Urggggh I hate how full time employment works, pretty depressing sitting here thinking about it on a Sunday evening after a chilled weekend :/ I LIVE for weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already saying that so early on in your working life. Do you like your job or is there something else you would rather do.
    This isn't ment to be rude but i wasted 4 years feeling that way until i finally found what i really wanted to do and now get excited to go to work xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha looks like a fun night! Love what you wore.

    I know what you mean about the work week being depressing, it's hard sometimes to think that you have only 2 days of 'living' a week! I deal with it by planning fun things to do during the week, like a date night with the boy, or dinner with friends, it feels much less like 'work, eat, sleep, repeat' that way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Mum's friend listened to Hamish and Andy, Hamish ages ago I believe came up with 'astonisher' in place of 'facinator' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVEEEEE your shoes!

    That is such a great pic of your mum and her jelly shot eyes! - Looks like so much fun!

    I hope heaps of money was raised!!

    As for the depressing 5 days on, 2 days off thing - I totally get it! I have been struggling so much lately because I have almost no free time between the current uni exam period and working 2 jobs. It is stressing me out and making me depressed that I have no time to do anything even remotely fun, like paint my nails!!
    -sigh-

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it was a really fun night! I love your JCs, I really want to buy a pair. I am going to be honest and admit I haven't really had to deal with the 5 days at work and 2 days off situation other than in uni holidays. I only work 1-2 days a week at the moment as well as go to uni. I guess it is important to find a job that you actually enjoy.

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos! The venue and food looks so good :)
    Can't believe you can dance in those shoes, well done I'm a complete klutz so I'm impressed.

    Btw, what's your tattoo on your foot? :)
    xStace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah so good to know there are others that feel the same. Im slightly more cheery this week as I'm going to QLD next week and have a week off work. Haha wooohoo. It is sad to feel this way so early in my working life but it is just the beginning and I'm still trying to work out what it is I enjoy doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x