7.12.11

The Death Roll DIY


You have all probably seen this on other blogs such as Bleach Black but I thought I would post my little DIY anyway...

I made me one of these:
THE DEATH ROLL
photo from Bleach Black

Take one silicone iPhone case (eBay - $3.00)

Some spikes (spikesandstuds.com, about $10 for 40 I think? Cheap as chips!)

Measure it all out, mark spots and pierce with something pointy (I used surgical scissors)
Then stabby stab stab your screws through and screw the spike on top!

Taaaa daaaahhhhhh.

My parents think its the most ridic thing ever, I told them it was 'all the rage on the blogs' to which they replied, very sarcastically 'Ooooohhhhhhhhhh', complete with eye roll.
Ha. Parents.

My bro wanted to know how on earth I would fit it in my pocket. har har. I dont put it in my pocket thankfully.

I love that it is so solid to hold and your fingers slip in between the spikes so you have a good grip. I also put some tape on the inside to cover the screw backs so that they don't scratch my iPhone.

I love DIY. I want to order some more spikes to do a clutch. I just wish somewhere in Aus sold them because they take about 10 days to get here from the States. Wah.

Yay for hump day I cannot wait for this week to be over.
:)
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! I love spikes. I would spike everything if I could. But probably not my iPhone case as it's always in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I've seen pics of spike covers on tumblr and they look so cool, very impressed with your DIY one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!!!
    My god this is cool.

    And so cheap!!
    I had no idea how inexpensive spikes were! Going to be on the hunt to spike everythiiiiiing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks laaadies :)

    hahaha I know its freakin brilliant how elcheapo spikes and studs are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!
    Gonna have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing but I would be scared of hurting myself answering the phone!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it. defs going to make one :)

    www.herpersona.blogspot.com
    www.herpersona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool! Is it annoying making calls/putting it in your pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It felt a bit heavy at first but Im used to it now. I never put it in my pocket, but its fine to make calls on :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks amazing and I'd totally do it but I've got a knack for stuffing my phone down my stockings at work so I've got it with me haahahahahahaa an you imagine the ladders I'd get ahahahahahaahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. With havin so much written content do you ever run
    into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My blog has a lot of exclusive content I've either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd really appreciate it.
    Feel free to surf my web blog :: fast diets

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up, after reading this amazing paragraph i am also delighted to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

    Here is my web blog - acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!

    my weblog birmingham spa days

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thiѕ is my first visit to yοur blog! We aгe a
    teаm of voluntееrs and startіng
    а new іnitiаtive in а community in the same niche.
    Үour blog prοѵiԁed us benefіcіal information to ωoгk оn.
    You haνе ԁone a extraordinary јob!


    my ωeb-site ... lose belly fat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x