25.3.12

SOUTH WEST ROCKS


We left Byron on Sunday and drove 4 hours back down the coast to stop in at South West Rocks.
J's family have been going there on holiday for about 30 years. It's a sleepy little town perfect for people who like surfing and fishing.

First we stopped at Minyon falls which was a 20 minute drive from where we were staying.
It has a 100m drop. Looking down into the valley from the top of the waterfall was seriously freaky.

Then we went into Byron one last time to visit this great cafe J and N had discovered the day before. It was called 'Top Cafe' or something like that. It was all natural/organic/pure deliciousness. They bake their own Sourdough there too.

Then we hoofed it off to SWR.

Sunset on Sunday arvo at SWR

There were Kangaroos everywhere! We saw some absolutely enormous ones in someones back yard. Like, would have been 7 ft on their hind legs. I was freaking out haha.

On Monday morning J and I, his brother and N, headed to Trial Bay for a Breakfast BBQ
The weather was awful but we cooked up a great feed.

The boys cooking up a storm

Brief moment of sun, looking from Trial Bay back to SWR

Trial Bay jail ruins

Feeding the ducks at the random man made duck pond

The water was the most amazing colour


View from the Breakwall looking back to SWR

We found out the bakery there does amazing coffee. Thank goodness for good coffee.

We stopped at Crescent Head on the way home.

Ahhh being back at work is the worst :(((
We have another wedding this Saturday, I'm probably going to have to wear the same dress again. I really, really dont want to as I think it's too soon. I dont have anything else appropriate though :( I'll wear different shoes and different hair I think.
Wishing I had unlimited funds to buy something for every occasion, but oh well.
Saving for America is more important :)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I am secretly loving this crisp, chilly weather.

PS I bought some (faux) leather pants........ I have to put my credit card in a hiding spot now.

9 comments:

  1. Some amazing pictures, you look like you had a beautiful time away. xx

    loverandhshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay crescent head! looks like an awesome time was had :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    Here is my webpage - iseekblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to
    me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back
    often!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: high tech high media arts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Google for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks
    for a tremendous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I donít have time to
    read it all at the moment but I have saved
    it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I
    will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent b.


    Here is my weblog ... refrigerator repair columbus ohio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! This post could not be written any better!

    Reading through this post reminds me of my
    good old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
    I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have
    a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    my web blog wafer manufacturing equipment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying
    to get started and set up my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Look at my weblog silver nymex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    Here is my site - kitchen appliances online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
    The design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon.
    Thanks

    My web page ... journals.fotki.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x