20.5.12

TIME OFF

I had Wed/Thur/Fri off last week to spend a little time with J while he's on 2 weeks leave.
On Friday we went for a bushwalk/hike/mission up a mountain about 5 mins walk from where J lives. He said he used to go riding his bike up it when he was younger, so I thought it would be cool to go for a little explore.


About a third of the way up the track. In the far distance is Terrigal.

(It's not that far away but the camera makes it look small)


After about 20 mins walking he found the 'big rocks'. Apparently J and his friends used to climb all over them 


Someone (or maybe aliens... ooooooo.Ooo) had made this nice pile of rocks on top of another rock. 


My favourite part was the water tank, which had graffiti all around the base. I love graffiti (GOOD graffiti, when done in places where its not offending anyone). I spent ages looking at all the different tags. 




•••••••••••••••••••••••••

On Saturday we ventured to Sydney with my mum for Yum Cha with my grandma and uncle.


Oh yes!!!

We tried these sesame pancakes (that my mum and grandmother have never seen before, which was weird considering theyre yum cha veterans. I didnt like them because I dont like that overwhelming sesame taste but mum loved them. Another dish to add to the Yum Cha list!

silly yum cha shots 


Haaaaaa say 'dim sims!'


Then we visited the MCA.
It was coooooooool.

 My fave. It reminded me of the Mighty Boosh. Bright, cheerful and random.

I tried to slyly take an outfit photo. Baaa fail.
I am wearing my Bardot jacket, Subtitled leather pants, Nique singlet and Isa-fake Marants. All seen previously on here! (if anyone cares...)


We also saw a part of the 24 hour movie made about time. It was amazing! All different bits of movies cut together to make one big movie that goes for 24 hours and actually runs exactly to the real time. 
Could have sat there for a day and watched the whole thing.


Awww, tourists!

Back to work tomorrow. Boohoo.
Hope everyone had a good weekend though.

Is it weird I missed the routine of working? Haha :| :| :|

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a good weekend!
    I've never been to the MCA..I'm not really one for art galleries but your pictures make me want to go!
    also - love the images of the graffiti - you're so right in that it looks good when its done properly in places that don't offend people. not just scribbly tags on trains.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so NOT a gallery person (I feel tired and bored just thinking about them) but it was good! And yes. Boo to bad tags on trains. Those people are lame!!! x

      Delete
  2. why did i have to see this yum cha. i am craving big time now you jerk! ha!
    cute photos. looks fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that food looks delish!
    http://loa20s.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x