4.8.12

RAW BROWNIES




A couple of weeks ago I was doing some googling and found a whole bunch of 'raw brownie' recipes.
I was really intrigued as given my current digestive goings on, brownies are definitely not on the list of foods I should be eating. 

I got my recipe from here. My New Roots is an awesome blog, so have a read if you're inclined towards raw eating or just healthy eating in general.

I added a little coconut and prunes as well as the dates, almonds and walnuts. Probably the best tasting and most quick and easy thing I've ever made. They're still quite calorific and have quite a bit of sugar, but they for sure squashed any baked-good cravings I had and I figure they're not going to kill me if I just make them every now and then. I absolutely love that everything in them is natural! 

I'm off to the Blue Mountains tomorrow for a random 1 night getaway (3 day weekend, woo!). I really want to get back to regular posting. I honestly have no motivation to do outfits posts though. Weird. I have new things to share too! I think I'm just too busy hanging out for Summer. I am so sick of Winter fashion and given that I work in creative retail my whole head space is consumed with Summer fashion/looks/trends at the moment. Give me back brights and shorts, singlets, sandals and tee's! (In about February you will hear my whinging that I want Winter fashion back... :/ happens every year hahaha). 

Is anyone else dying for Summer? 

xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Those brownies look amazing! May be a necessity for Saturday night treat time! I am still loving winter fashion, but so over the weather. Cannot wait for salty hair, hot nights and Zimmermann goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree on Summer + Zimmermann goodies. We have used so many pieces on the mannequins instore. The collection is amazing! I'm hoping to get a singlet for Summer.

      I still cant believe how great these brownies are, they really satisfy the sugar cravings! x

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of raw brownies but they look delicious!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either but gee I'm glad I have now! Haha x

      Delete
  3. I'm soooo hanging out for summer! I'm sick of winter outfits and normally I love winter outfits!

    those brownies look so yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I usually crave Winter fashion but nope not this time. x

      Delete
  4. Yum they look delicious :-) I love finding raw food recipes, but I'm always too lazy to try them!! Haha I'm still loving my Winter clothes but I AM looking forward to wearing dresses without tights and/or jumpers with them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so sick of having to wear layers haha! Just to throw on a dress or top and pants will be amazing. These brownies take literally 5 mins, all you have to do is chuck everything in a food processor! Super easy x

      Delete
  5. Wow I love the idea of a raw brownie - I used to eat a lot of Larabars (which I'm pretty sure are raw) and they were always delicious, so I have no doubt that this is too :) THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x