This year has been INSANE.
(Warning: Self involved post ahead, re-cap of 2012)
I never, ever, ever in a million years thought my year would end the way it has.
In so many ways I wish it had ended the way I thought it was going to. In NYC, with J, happy as anything, still living on the Central Coast and working just outside Sydney.
But, how things change.
I wouldnt change my decision to move to Sydney for anything.
I still look out my window and see my view of North Sydney and think "I live here. I actually live here." It's amazing how easily I slipped into life out of home. It's never once felt weird. All I can think is it definitely must have been time for me to move. It was eating me up and making me very depressed living where I was. Believe me I know it wasnt even that bad of a location, but I think I craved being in Sydney more than I even realised. The opportunities this has opened up has been amazing. I can now work in the Flagship store of the company I work for, which I couldnt have done living where I was. Its an awesome opportunity.
I am still struggling with being single... haha. I dont enjoy it and I think I am a relationship person, which I am trying to tell myself is fine. It has been an eye opener though, I'm learning things about myself which I spose is what youre supposed to do while single - get to know yourself. I've always known I need alone time in a pretty major way. If I cant escape to just be by myself and have a little quiet time I go crazy. But I've also learnt that being alone too much can have a similar effect. I am a weirdo. Hahaha. E has been such a life saver, I come home and tell her all the inane ridiculous crap I would normally tell a bf and she just cops it like a champion hahaha.
I also have learnt that dating can be a nightmare and I 100% do not enjoy the uncertainty and mind games. Tell me there are others out there that feel like this!? I honestly feel like I need to write some Carrie Bradshaw type blog about it all. Its cray cray. No more straight-forward I like you, you like me, lets get together. Its all complicated and strange. Needless to say SATC has been my bible of late hahaha.
I spose that is Sydney life for you!
12 Experiences From 2012
1. Moving out of home is awesome.
2. It is also more expensive then I thought, I wish I could live on cuppa soup and 2 minute noodles.
3. I will never ever get a blunt fringe again. The day I can part my hair in the middle again I think I'll cry with happiness.
4. Breaking up with someone who you dont hate is really, really hard.
5. Dating is really, really hard
6. Boyfriend jeans are really flattering.
7. Rib tattoos REALLY FUCKING HURT.
8. Being single while your bestie is single is the bomb, we've bonded so much over the last few months.
9. Moving in with E, who I've known my whole life, was probably the best decision ever.
10. I still love leopard print.
11. While being single is scary I'm really getting to know myself. Which is good. Cuz hopefully whatever relationship I end up in next will be bigger and better than any before.
12. Not having my parents around has been a struggle but also really good. I never realised how much I relied on them for all that 'adult' stuff before. Yay responsibility... ha.
I know I'll find my way in this crazy city. It's exciting to see what 2013 will bring.
Right now I'm just hoping for more laughs and new friends.
Merry Xmas lovelies!