1.9.14

M A K E U P





So I don't know if it's just me. But it's literally taken me 24 years to discover high lighter. And concealing under your eyes. I only jumped on the primer band wagon 2 years ago, and only started filling in my brows about 18 months ago. Sooooo... I am a total make up novice. Hahaha. I'd like to think that I have at least been matching my foundation colour to my face properly though?! Meep.

I have YouTube to thank for my make up enlightening. Although, it has made me want more and more make up and brushes and creams and products that I totally don't need. Like I mentioned in the last post, I have been obsessively watching Nicole Guerreiro on YouTube. I have been watching Chloe Morello and a few of the other Aussie girls for a few years, and I have learnt a lot from them. But Nicole is amazing. She is always 'real life', which I love. Anyway, here are a few of the products I have purchased lately, as inspired by YouTube beauty gurus! 


Australis concealer

This is kinda sticky BUT. I am loving it for under my eyes. It brightens everything up so much. I purposely went with a lighter shade. 


Loreal True Match (N4)

After being a Revlon Photoready gal for about 18 months I thought I'd try this after Lauren Curtis raved about it. And funnily enough when I started watching Nicole's vids it turned out she loves it too. It is totally comparable to Photoready and I have no complaints! 
- Great coverage
- Long wearing
- Broad colour range

I have to say both Photoready and true match are better than MAC studio fix, which I used to wear. It always went oily on my skin. I love it when drugstore brands are awesome!



Australis face Highlighter in Gold

Like I said, I have only recently discovered high lighter. And high lighting. And illuminating. I like to tap a bit of this on my brow bone and the top of my cheeks. It creates a really nice glowy look. 


A little goes a long way!!! 


Maybelline Fit Me concealer (25)

I like to use this to cover blemishes and also mix a little of it with the Australis concealer just to make the texture a little less sticky under my eyes. It gives nice coverage and colour. And is cheap cheap cheap. Especially at Chemist Warehouse. Holy crap that place is EVIL. You can easily kiss your life savings goodbye in there. 

And last but not least... 



Maybelline Age Rewind Primer

LOVE this. I love silicone feeling primers. I had the Too Faced primer and it is comparable to this. Amazing. 2 thumbs up. 

What are your beauty must haves? Has anyone else been enlightened by YouTube beauty gurus? 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x