1.9.14

S U P E R F O O D




Let's talk Smoothies. They are all the rage right now and I am well and truly on that bandwagon. Being able to throw anything in there that's lying around is amazing. And when I realised you could throw spinach and avo in there too!? Yes please. They don't have to be all sweet and that kinda blew my mind. I know, I'm easy to please. 

I have been putting Maca powder in my smoothies of late. It has this weird sweet yet bitter taste, and is one of those 'Mayan Super foods' that have been getting around of late. 

It is a root, from the radish family. Which weirds me out cuz it definitely don't taste like no radish! Haha. It is rich in vitamins B, C and E. It helps libido (cue wolf whistle), helps balance women's health and mood (yes please! Anything that stabilises moods is ok by me!) and can apparently help with skin blemishes, energy and general overall health. 

I've been mixing up this particular Smoothie this week:

Almond milk (preferably organic)
Spinach leaves
Blueberries 
Quater of an Avocado
Half a banana
Gentle fibre mix
Stevia
Vanilla extract
Maca powder 




Blend, enjoy and feel all those amazing foods doing their thang! 

What do you throw in your blender?

xx



1 comment:

  1. I love smoothies. I like heaps of spinach, banana, avo, chocolate protein powder & coconut water. So many possibilities. Good blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x