9.11.09

Unfashionable.

I've never really understood the saying 'when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade', and I dont even know if it really applies to the situation I have just been dropped into, but I'm trying to figure out if I can infact make lemonade from these 'lemons.'

It's hard, trying to be in a relationship when you're in your late teens/early 20's. Everyone has different things going on, theres study, new jobs, travel, and just general life exploration... I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's damn hard to find time to have a significant other. Which is the problem facing me and my boy at the moment. With crazy 12 hour shifts, only 2 or 3 days off and 4 days on, plus extreme study and the fear of failure, there's a bit of pressure on him at the moment, and this is how it's going to be for a year. A whole freakin' year. I believe in myself enough to think that I can handle this. That I can be there for him and support him 100% while he is going through all this in order for him to pursue his chosen career, but it's going to be huge a test for a 19 year old. I think that if we can make it through this year, we'll have an extremely strong relationship and will be able to take on just about anything... if not, well, I would have rather tried and failed than not tried at all.

I guess the lemonade from this situation is that it's made me realise how much I want to be with him. I had no idea my feelings ran so deep or were so strong. We'll also have an extremely established and strong relationship if we survive. And I'll hopefully mature from having to be a supportive and understanding individual, and this will ultimately make me a better person.

Sorry for rather heavy, non fashion related post, but I just needed somewhere to sort my head out.

image from http://whiteninjacomics.com/comics/

and to lighten the mood, one of my fave White Ninja Comics <3>

1 comment:

  1. relationships are hard work but as long as both parties are willing to make the effort, i think it'll go the distance. i hope for the best for you and your boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and leave a comment, it really makes my day! x