Chris, my boyfriend, gave me an idea for 'a really good muffin' the other day. Ones with Caramello Koala in them! This has never occurred to me before, so of course I planned to bake some.
I couldn't find a recipe so I made my own up, using a Women's Weekly recipe as a template. I made them today, and can I just say... FREAKIN' WOW.
CARAMELLO KOALA CUPCAKES
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 12 x mini Caramello Koala chocolates, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 170˙C/150˙C fanforced
Line a 12 hole muffin tin with liners
2. Combine butter, sugar, syrup and milk in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to bowl and let cool for 15 mins.
3. While mixture is cooling, chop up the chilled Koalas. (If they’re a little cold it makes them easier to chop).
4. Whisk in sifted flours, then egg and vanilla. Once combined, stir in chopped Caramello Koalas.
5. Divide among cases and bake for roughly 30 mins.
I didn't ice them because they're pretty sweet. If you like less sweet-ness I would probably leave out the golden syrup, or halve the sugar.